Call today to schedule your immigration consultation 954-385-0157 or email:

Blandon Law Immigration

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recovering Immigration Documents After Flood or Other Disasters

     Immigration documents should be the last thing on the minds of victims of natural disasters.  When struck by a flood, such as the one which ravaged Nashville, Tennessee, many persons believe that such information will be easily retrieved from the databases of a government entity.  Well, retrievable yes, easily no.
     Like most government agencies, the Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) provides the public with copies of its records.  A Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request must be completed and mailed to the appropriate record keeping site.  On the other hand, determining where CIS keeps records -- and obtaining those records as quickly as possible -- is a job for an immigration professional. 
     Blandon Law provides this service for a minimal fee, which is determined based on the age of the records and the immigration proceedings.  For example, if a foreigner entered the U.S. as a student, was ever before an Immigration Judge, and later became a resident through marriage, different records must be requested from four different sites.
     Keeping in mind that these records include proof of legal status, proof of legal entry and proof of work authorization, however, the price is extremely reasonable.  The peace of mind is priceless.  Call 954-385-0157 if we can be of service to you.

General Frequently Asked Questions

Call today to schedule your immigration consultation

954-385-0157 or email: